CosmoChix

we give good romance

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So, Spring Has Finally Arrived!

I realize that in other climes, it may have been above frigid for some time, but here in the northland we're just beginning to get the feeling back in our extremities. I also realize that for normal people, spring means mowing grass and working on getting a nice crispy tan. For me, it means hosing down horses that haven't seen a curry comb for six months, mucking out paddock, and preparing for the Romantic Times convention.

Never been to an RT convention? Well, you ain't lived. RT is where hundreds of romance authors gather to sign books, gossip, and ogle the guys who are competing for the title of Mr. Romance. But this year I can't ogle, since my son, Travis, is going to be one of the contestants. How weird is that?

But he's cute, really cute, and if he competes that means I get to spend a whole ten days with him. He graduates from pre-med the middle of May, then we're off to Daytona Beach where I'll be doing the smoozing thing while he (apparently) plays volleyball and prepares for pose downs. Seriously, pose downs!! Can this get any stranger?

Yes it can. While he's posing down there will be hundreds of my peers and readers ogling him. What am I supposed to be doing? Maybe I could write a book or something, but naw, All those women out there will be looking at my little boy (okay, he's 6' 3", 220 pounds, but still). Shouldn't I be defending his honor or something? Then again, I think it may have been me who convinced him to do this in the first place. Maybe I was even the one who mentioned the fact thacesareanndured a cesaerian so he could have life.

Oh the guilt, oh the embarrassment. Wait a minute...oh the fun! Every young man should probably have a couple hundred fans to watch him get greasy. This may be the best moment of his life. And I'll be the cause. Sigh. This is going to be great. So come to the CosmoChix party on May 20th. Travis will be bartending. I'll be...doing whatever mothers of cover contestants are supposed to do. Geez, I hope there are couple of mucky paddocks to clean out.


Lois

3 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Stacy~ said...

Your son is a cutie, and I mean that in the most respectful way! It must be really weird to think of all those women ogling your son. But he sounds like quite a catch. Pre-med - very cool.

So go forth and drink fruity drinks, enjoy some quality time with Travis, and just live it up! Wish I was going....

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Michelle Buonfiglio said...

You see, Lois? We all qualify our appreciation of Travis by letting you know we appreciate such a nice young man for his brains, rather than just his brawn. We are quite sophisticated, you know. I can't promise this for all RT attendees, but I will encourage it on my honor, and with every cosmopolitan I imbibe.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger amy kennedy said...

I think I would have to wear a sign that read--His Mom--

And I agree with Stacy and Michelle, I'm impressed with the whole pre-med thing. Okay, he's very handsome too, but in a 'I have an 18 year old son and can relate' kind of way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home