CosmoChix

we give good romance

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What is sexy?

So I'm mid-deep in the current story. A vampire story. Do you think vampires are sexy? I'm not sure exactly why I do, but I can dig 'em. Most of the time. :-) Don't give me any dead tall, dark and deadly dudes, though. They've gotta have a heartbeat and breath.
Always good requirements for any potential mate, wouldn't you say?

Every Tuesday iTunes posts its new releases, and today I was thrilled to see they finally put up the entire Dave Matthews catalog. Now, there's only one Dave Matthews song I really like, and that is CRASH. And I tell you, that is about the sexiest song out there. Why? Because it's a man's confession to being totally whipped, in over his head and 'tied up and twisted, the way I'd like to be' as Matthews puts it. Needless to say the instrumentals, with the mandoline and strings, adds to the overall sexiness, but it's those lyrics, sung from a man's needy desire to crash into her, that gets me every time.

Oh, for those brief glimpses inside a man's head. We don't always want to know what's going on in there. But don't we all want to know what it is, exactly, that gets them off in that sweet, surrendering, drowning fall to love? And it doesn't even have to be love—passionate, twisted lust will do in a pinch. Just let me know a piece of his thoughts at that moment. Is it raunchy? Is it colored with silliness and sighs? Does it make me shiver to know I've intruded on that private piece of brain-lust? Can I see it in his eyes? Or do I want to feel it like a whisper across my body?

They're different than we women, you know. Men are visual, we're told. They need love and lust and all that crazy sex stuff to be tangible and now and in-your-face, and don't-stop-until-we've-had-enough kind of fulfillment. Foreplay? They don't need it. They just want to crash...

...and I'm right there, waiting for the collision.

So what do you find sexy? What's your favorite sexy song? Have you had a glimpse into a man's crashing thoughts?

M

7 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Valeen said...

CRASH! Oh ... that one is sexy - isn't the one "hike up your skirt a little more"? Definitely hot song.


I do find vampires sexy to a point. I don't mind 'em without a heartbeat so long as they still jump out of the pages at me. I like the very tall, dangerous, don't mess with me piercing eyes type.

And I can't say I've had a glimpse into a man's crashing thoughts beyond ... well that might branch into the land of TMI ... so we'll just say no.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Michelle Buonfiglio said...

Yeah, Michelle. I totally dig "Crash" and it always blows me away how sexy and voyeuristic the whole piece is. Maybe that's why; like you said, we get that glimpse of what it's like for a guy to be on the edge with lust and love and sweat and pain and all that good stuff that makes up heady emotion.

I don't know, the idea of some guy tryin to rein it in cause he's so overwhelmed with need for this woman he's obsessed with? God, do i wanna be her. And like Valeen says, that "hike up your skirt" line is so damn hot.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger amy kennedy said...

I'm definately pickin'up what you're putin'down with Crash--and it's the line after the "hike up your skirt a little more" this part gets me, "show the world to me"--it's just so damn sexy.

But sometimes I need a little Jersey lovin' and then nothing will do except Bruce Springsteen's Rosalita--"I'm comin to liberate you, confiscate you, I want to be your man, someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

The sheer energy of his emotions and the song pull at me until I'm 18 again and thinking about sneaking out.

I've gone on too long and now I'm gonna have to write a seperate comment for what I think is sexy. Gee.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Valeen said...

Speaking of Springsteen - I saw Rob Thomas in concert last month and he came out and did a solo with just him and the acousic of "Dancin' In The Dark" and it was amazing ... and extrememly hot.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger amy kennedy said...

Okay, this is sexy--slow dancing with my husband as he sings the song in my ear.

It makes up for all the times he drives me insane.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Michele Hauf said...

Fun to read all the comments on sexy! I'm going to pop in the Equilibrium DVD tonight and watch Christian Bale for a couple hours. What's the story about? Who cares! Bale is pure sex. ;-)

Michele

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Stacy~ said...

Oh boy, I agree with you ladies on "Crash". One of the hottest songs ever!

There's also a great song I have up on my blog by Billy Currington called "Must Be Doing Something Right". If you've never heard it, check it out - very hot. I just love those country singers :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home